Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Water Spaniel news!

Faethe (aka Whistle Stop's Oidhche Shamhna) finished her AKC Championship to become my first AKC Champion!! I have finished my Chinooks in UKC but they were only recently AKC recognized so my Irish Water Spaniel and now my Saluki were my first experiences with AKC dogs. Now I enjoy doing AKC with all my dogs and I look forward to many more AKC Champions! This is not the most exciting news though. Faethe has been bred to CH Whistle Stop's Venetor (AKA Orion). This breeding is being done in conjunction with WhistleStop Irish Water Spaniels and will carry the Whistlestop name.

Faethe is phenomenal with children and she does 4H with a young girl that does not have a dog of her own. Faethe is very patient, calm, and loves everyone. She has many fans.

I love the Water Spaniel topknot. It usually falls on both sides of the face so she has unrestricted vision but I brushed it down for this picture. No red eye when there are no eyes!

Unlike my Chinook litters, IWS pups look identical! rickrack or puppy collars are a must! Keeping track of identical puppy blobs seems much harder than a Chinook litter that usually has some variety in markings and/or color.
Hopefully the pups will be sweet, well tempered, well conformed, hunting dogs like both their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment